Lead Generation Best Practices For
Professional Services Firms
Methodical Approach | Our Engagement Model | Best-Practices | Getting Started
Taking A Methodical Approach To Relationship Building
Our Approach Delivers Value While Creating A Platform For Long Term Success
Successful professional services (PS) businesses know that marketing is the key to growth. But it can be challenging to find the right marketing firm to help stimulate that growth. At The Shattuck Group, we continually study the PS market through proprietary qualitative and quantitative research programs. Our research reveals that PS firms are challenged to find marketing partners who are truly a good fit.
The major obstacles that PS executives routinely report include:
- Knowledge Of The PS Market - most marketing firms are familiar with product-oriented companies but struggle to understand the nuances and value propositions of servicesbased organizations. This creates challenges in the relationship.
- Deliverables On Target - PS executives frequently report that the products marketing firms create for them are simply off-base. These
products require so much time and effort in revisions that executives feel they could produce their own deliverables faster and with
- Timelines - PS executives report that marketing firms miss deadlines almost routinely. This makes them difficult to manage.
- Energy Investments - PS executive often report that marketing firms have talent, but do not seem to be willing to put the time and energy into the relationship that is required to produce the kind of success stakeholders expect.
- Defined Engagement Process - marketing firms, more often than not, do not have a defined engagement model both for launching a solid relationship and maintaining it over time.
How Are We Different?
The Shattuck Group only works with PS firms - they are our one hundred percent focus. We deeply understand the business-to-business buying cycle, the imperative of being a thought leader, and the critical linkage between reputation, perceived value, and profit-per-deal. More than that, however, we have a clearly defined process for coming to understand our clients in a way they’ve likely never been understood before by a marketing firm.
Our five-stage approach consistently empowers us to develop the right strategies to help our clients cross the chasm from where they are now to where they want to be in the future.