CREATING ALIGNMENT BETWEEN MARKETING, BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT AND DELIVERY
What Is This Service?
Our Growth Planning service empowers successful mid-size service firms to create realistic strategic plans for achieving their full growth potential. For professional service firms to grow, three teams need to align around a meaningful promise to their market: the marketing function makes a promise, the sales or business development function applies the promise to each unique client and the delivery function delivers the promise. Do this and you will grow. It’s that simple.
In our experience, most leaders of professional service firms believe they are not growing as fast as they could be because they’re not acquiring enough great clients. They see new client acquisition as the problem. The solution, they often surmise, is to increase marketing and business development efforts.
At The Shattuck Group, we take a somewhat different perspective. We believe the number one reason that professional service firms don’t grow as fast as they want to is because of misalignment between three teams: marketing, business development and delivery. Our growth planning service fixes that.
WHY YOU NEED THIS SERVICE:
ALIGN YOUR TEAMS AROUND A PROMISE YOUR IDEAL CLIENT CANNOT RESIST.
When we conduct discovery with prospective new clients, we speak with leaders of all three functional areas, if they are in place. What we consistently find is that there is not nearly enough agreement between leaders of these teams around these key questions:
- Who is our ideal client?
- What does our ideal client care about?
- How do our services effectively address what our ideal client cares about?
- Why should a prospective new ideal client trust us to help them and award us business?
- How do we consistently put our promise in front of prospective new ideal clients?
- How do we engage those prospects in meaningful conversations that result in new deals?
- How do we consistently deliver against our promises so we create raving fans who want to refer us to other great clients?
Our Growth Planning service creates this alignment and builds a strategy to scale each function over time. The net result is that our clients are ready to make and deliver meaningful promises to an ever-increasing number of ideal clients. This produces very substantial growth.
Who Needs This Service?
Professional service firms who:
- Know they’ve never achieved their full growth potential and want to put realistic and actionable plans in place to fix this.
- Recognize that their growth limits are self-imposed, not imposed by their market.
- Realize that their attempts to achieve their growth potential through internal efforts have not produced the outcomes they desire and so are willing to work with a consulting firm who knows how to do this.
- Want practical and down-to-earth strategies that their already very-busy executives can take action on over time, with confidence that those actions will result in marked improvements in growth.
To learn more about how we deliver this service, please click on Our Approach above.