EMPOWERING MID-SIZE SERVICE FIRMS TO ACHIEVE THEIR MOST IMPORTANT GOALS
What Is This Service?
Over the last 20 years, we’ve served more than 70 mid-size service firms. A small portion of these organizations have broken through to their next level. The stakeholders in those companies have reaped handsome and life-changing rewards. In many instances, they’ve realized multi-generational wealth that will outlive them. The other firms? No so much.
Here is the interesting part about these outcomes. We’ve applied nearly the exact same set of sales and marketing strategies to all of these clients. So why did some break-through while others did not? How can these firms have realized such dramatically different outcomes when they had nearly the same approaches to growth, nearly the same budget and the same resources? Could it be more about industry, talent or intellect?
After considering all factors that contribute to these outcomes, we’ve arrived at one simple and startling conclusion. The alignment between the executives on the leadership team, the trust and connectedness that they feel for each other, is the number one determinant of their outcomes. We’ve come to think of this as organizational health and this is now the number one service we recommend to every single client. If you want to work with us, please know that we see this service as essential.
Our Leadership Alignment service is about enhancing trust, vulnerability and transparency between leaders. This service allows us to work closely and collaboratively with leaders to create a common vision for the future that everyone believes in. It creates clarity about why the organization exists, how they behave, what they value and where they are going. It makes the end-game clear and the roadmap actionable. It holds leaders accountable to do the work that will produce the results they want to see. If you really want to break through to your next level, you need this service.
WHY YOU NEED THIS SERVICE:
THE NUMBER ONE DETERMINANT FOR BREAKING THROUGH TO YOUR NEXT LEVEL IS LEADERSHIP ALIGNMENT.
Most leaders of mid-size service firms tell us that their “culture” is pretty strong. They often have senior leaders who know each other well and who’ve been active contributors for many years. But even in these organizations, we’ve discovered small misalignments that impede decision-making, execution and strategy adoption. There is often far more than an inch of daylight between these leaders on all sorts of issues. These micro-misalignments collectively can produce macro-drag. This results in slower-than-expected growth, frustrating leaders.
But that’s not likely the most important reason for adopting this service. Every client we’ve served for the last 20+ years has experience adversity at some point on their journey. Adversity creates stress and showcases, in very real ways, how micro-misalignments can have macro-consequences. Organizations that have not actively and intentionally nurtured trust and collaboration between their leaders will really struggle in these moments. Many of them will fail as a business.
This service addresses all of these issues by empowering firm leaders to:
- Intentionally build trust through personal storytelling and sharing of major life events that have shaped who they are today, how they think and what they value.
- Create clarity about why the exist, how they behave, what they value and what they’re trying to achieve as a team.
- Weather storms of adversity with resilient, bounce-back responses to fluid and challenging situations.
- Truly, and maybe for the first time ever, become a real team, not just a collection of professionals who work at the same company.
- Collaborate, not just cooperate with each other, to achieve their most important goals.
- Create a best-idea-wins decision process.
- Leverage each leader’s strengths to the best and highest use for the organization overall.
- Defeat, once and for all, tribalism and departmental thinking.
- Increase accountability by creating clarity about who must do what.
To learn more about how we do this, please click on Our Approach above.
Who Needs This Service?
Professional service firms who:
- Have spirited leaders who often don’t see things eye-to-eye.
- Have struggled to communicate with each other freely and openly, with the air of old friends chatting rather than high-stakes competitors seeking an advantage against an opponent.
- Really want to grow and feel as if some sort of malaise lies over their firm that is holding them back, but they can’t put their finger on what it is or how to fix it.
- Need to institute a best-idea-wins decision-making process.
- Have tried numerous strategies that seemed so perfect at the beginning, only to find that their results were mediocre. This has left them with a lack of confidence in their ability to chart a course and actually achieve their goals.
- Have experienced politics and employee turn-over that derails team members from focusing on work.
- Feel like a set of departments that cooperate with each other rather than a true team that works cohesively on goals that really impact growth.
- Recognize that leadership alignment is crucial to realizing next-level results.